Friday 9 October 2009

Coleford Tile & Brick Co


On Friday, I started a residency at Coleford Tile & Brick Company in the Forest of Dean. The company have been extremely generous in allowing me, one day a week to experiment with their clay & materials. My intention is to make a series of large, thrown 'discovery pots' for my exhibition at the Courtyard Theatre in Jan 2010. I got off to a cracking start, forcing 49kg of soft brick clay into a single piece! My largest pot ever!


I thoroughly enjoyed witnessing clay being processed and formed on such a huge industrial scale. The roar of the giant cavernous kilns, reaching temperature, the spectacle of flames sprouting from spy holes and cracks in the door - fantastic. I feel totally inspired and am looking forward to every minute spent at the site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home