Tuesday 15 December 2009

George Salter Collegiate Academy - Birmingham

Eight sixth form students all studying art for a whole day workshop...nice! I'd been invited by their art teacher to facilitate some large scale ceramic making based upon the theme of recycling.

The workshop took place on a
Saturday - and I must admit I had doubts about whether they'd make it in- students and Saturday morning, and all that! But I needn't have worried the students were lovely, each producing a significant coiled piece based upon preparatory drawings. I was particularly impressed by the early finishers, who then helped those working on more complex sculptures.

Once the pieces have been fired and glazed, they are destined for exhibition at the Eden Project in Cornwall! Very exciting and a fantastic opportunity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home