Tuesday 23 March 2010

My Week at Holyoakes PRU

I spent a lovely five days with the staff and students at the unit. We made a series of collaborative 'gargoyle' wall planters, pinch pot fruits and loads of wheel thrown goodies.

The pupils loved it, wanting the school to invest in a potter's wheel for themselves. However, what impressed me the most was the unity of the staff and the inspirational leadership of the head.

This was an "outstanding" example of eight caring, professional team players successfully operating in a sometimes difficult and challenging environment. The firm but fair way they communicated with the young people created a space for me to do what I do best and without the sympathetic and sensitive policing, the project would have suffered and a creative environment would have been difficult to achieve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home