Thursday 12 November 2009

Brick Factory - Visit Number Three

Three giant Guinea pig bowls! I have such a great time at the brickworks! The staff are brilliant, firing my pots with regularity, so, on each visit I'm able to survey a whole new batch of finished work. The pots are put into lots of different firings - depending on which type of bricks are going through production at any given time. The random firings are in keeping with the experimental nature of the residency, and I'm never quite sure how the work is going to turn out. Sometimes the pots are reduced, producing a fantastic, brutal grey - other occasions they have a true brick red appearance.
The 'surprise' element is both exciting and one I greatly value.
This is how the clay is delivered to my workspace. 7kg clods on a pallet, on a fork lift!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home